We are always accepting applications for part time work!
We need team members with skills such as (but not limited to):
Email email@example.com for more information on how to apply.
And of course, we always need volunteers. If you would like to work with us, just reach out!
The Appalachian Center for the Arts seeks a Director of Education and Outreach to join its team.
About The App
The Appalachian Center for the Arts is a dynamic space for theater, music, visual arts, and community enrichment in downtown Pikeville, KY. The App provides the highest quality arts education designed to encourage collaboration, partnership, and civic engagement for the people in our region. Our stage has been graced by artists ranging from the youth of Kentucky to Broadway veterans to nationally recognized acts who are discovering the beauty of southeast Appalachia for the first time. The App also acts as a catalyst for opening dialogue to meet the region’s growing challenges and opportunities. For The App, the arts are essential; a way to promote cultural change and growth, to celebrate and build on the area’s rich cultural history, and, most importantly, to enrich and entertain.
The Director of Education and Outreach will run our active Education Department as well as assist the Executive Director in artistic operations and coordinating community engagement programs. The Director of Education is responsible for the development and implementation of educational programs for children, youth, and adults. This includes running our App Academy summer camps, public classes, in-school residencies, and workshops and helping our health advocacy touring company grow. Other duties include creating educational materials, coordinating student matinee school groups, facilitating pre and post-show discussions/lectures, and strategizing on the expansion of current and new educational and artistic programming.
Qualification and Skills
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or comparable experience working in the arts.
– Knowledge of, experience in, and strong passion for theatre and the arts
– Experience in working with students of all ages
– Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
– Sharp discernment and skill in analyzing data, problem-solving, and decision-making
– Excellent interpersonal, leadership and problem-solving skills
– Excellent organizational skills and follow-through
– Strong desire to work with and bring artistic endeavors to the community.
– Experience in grant writing a plus.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, year round position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and 401K included.
Please submit 1-2 page cover letter, resume and desired supplemental materials (including but not limited to examples of past curriculum/lesson plans, letters of recommendation, videos of teaching and/or directing as appropriate, etc.) to Shannon@theapparts.org by October 8th, 2022.